New to the aquatics market Gold Label Aqua Pond Paint is a product designed to make the waterproofing of concrete ponds as simple as painting a wall with emulsion!
Gold label Aqua Pond Paint is water based with an activator, Application is very easy as it does not require a seperate primer and there is no drag on the brush or roller, a huge benefit is the refill time, three to six days depending on atmospheric conditions, with a fantastic coverage of 6 to 8 square metres per litre, Gold Label Aqua Pond Paint will double the coverage of normal pond paints with half the effort and half the curing time. Two coats will, in most circumstances, achieve the required finish.
Gold Label Aqua Pond Paint is packed in 2.5 ltr and 5 ltr easy to mix buckets.
Before painting check your surfaces for imperfections, cracks etc and fill where appropriate. For large cracks in the concrete, vee out the cracks to approx 10mm - make sure the surface to be bonded is solid and dust free. Fill with Gold Label Pond & Aquarium Sealer. Painting can then commence immediately. Although Gold Label Aqua Pond Paint is much safer than normal resin systems, it is recommended you should avoid contact by using barrier cream or gloves. Any splashes should be washed off with soap and water.
Gold Label Aqua Pond Paint method of use
DO NOT apply in temperatures below 10°C
1) Add the hardener in the top unit to the paint in the bottom unit and stir throughly, making sure it is completely mixed - VERY IMPORTANT - stir for a minimum of 2 minutes.
PLEASE NOTE - Once mixed, the paint is usable for 1.5 hours in ambient temperatures. Over 20°c the working time will be reduced.
2) After mixing, apply immediately by brush, roller or spray. Ensure the coating is worked into the corners etc. Apply minimum of 2 coats. The second coat can be applied when the first is touch dry after approx 6-8 hours at 20°c. The same for any subsequent coats.
The Gold Label Aqua Pond Paint will cure hard in 12 hours and full cure in 3-7 days, depending on atmospheric conditions. When fully cured, wash the painted surface and drain before final fill.
- No primer needed
- 2 coats only (on smooth surface)
- Can be applied to ‘damp’ surfaces
- Water based, so less hazardous
- Quicker pond refill
- Easy tool cleanup
- Packed in easytomix bucket
- Easy to apply with brush, roller or spray
- 40sq.mtr / 5ltr coverage (on smooth surface)
- Available in Black and Clear
Gold Label Aqua Pond Paint FAQ
Q] Do I need to use a primer first?
A] No - Aqua Pond Paint is self priming as long as the surface to be coated is sound
Q] Do I have to mix all of the paint and hardener at the same time?
A] No, you can split it into equal amounts and store the rest for later
Q] Do I need a dry surface to put the paint on?
A] No, as long as it is not raining and the air temperature is above 10 degrees C and below 20 degrees C you can apply onto damp concrete the normal during times apply
NB If rain is expected after application, protect for the initial cure time of 6-8 hours
Q] Do I need any special equipment to apply the paint?
A] No special equipment is needed - only a brush or roller or, if speed is required, a spray gun
Q] How quickly can I refill my pond?
A] Refill can start between 3 and 7 days, depending on the atmospheric conditions ie air temperature and moisture content