Thermotec Inverter Heat Pump
Thermotec Inverter Heat Pump for Koi Ponds
Thermotec Inverter Heat Pump for Koi Ponds
The Thermotec Inverter range of pool heat pumps really do offer the best in terms of efficiency, performance, reliability and low noise operation.
The Thermotec Inverter range are fully inverter driven. This means that they automatically adjust the speed of the fan and compressor to precisely match the heat demand from the pond.
The ability to adjust the output of the heat pump allows the Thermotec Inverter to deliver greatly reduced running costs with COPs of up to 13. This means that for every 1kw of electricity used by the heat pump, 13kw of heat is delivered to the pool. This delivers reduced running costs compared with other heat pumps on the market.
In addition the inverter technology has a reduced electrical startup requirement, making them ideal for properties with a sensitive or limited electrical supply.
- Fully inverter driven with variable speed fan and compressor to deliver the lowest running costs with maximum heat output.
- High efficiency with COPs of up to 13. This means that for every 1kw of electricity used by the heat pump, 13kw of heat is returned to the pond.
- The desired water temperature can be adjusted in steps of 0.1 °C.
- Equipped with an easy to use 7-inch colour touch screen display / control panel.
- Remote control and monitor your heat pump via an app on your smartphone.
- Remote support via the wifi module.
- Top quality Mitsubishi variable speed inverter compressor.
- Brushless variable speed DC fan motor - very efficient with extremely quiet operation
- Control panel is lockable to prevent tampering with the pool set temperature (useful for rented properties)
- Display shows temperature & power consumption curves to monitor the performance of the heat pump.
- Six different models: 9kw, 12kw, 17kw, 19.5kw, 24.2kw, 28 kw and 34kw.
- All models single phase power (ie 220v to 240v)
- Soft start with reduced electrical startup requirements for properties with sensitive or limited power supplies.
- Low noise, variable speed fan.
- Corrosion resistant case.
- Microprocessor controlled.
- Automatic hot gas defrosting.
- Suitable for use on koi ponds.
- Titanium heat exchanger - resistant to corrosion from chlorine or salt pools.
- Operates in air temperatures as low as -15 °C.
- Capable of heating and cooling, all year round.
- Optional wifi module - control the heat pump from your smartphone or any web browser.
- 3-Year Warranty
COP And Performance
By using the latest inverter technology, the Thermotec Inverter can out perform traditional on/off type heat pumps as well as many other inverter driven models.
Even as the outside air temperature falls, the Thermotec Inverter will still perform well, delivering heat to your pool.
The Thermotec Inverter heat pumps can work well with outside air temperatures as low as -15c
The COP (Coefficient of Performance) is the ratio of the amount of heat (in kw) that the heat pump delivers to your pool compared to the electricity that the heat pump uses (in kw)
By using the latest inverter technology, the Thermotec Inverter has COPs up to 13.6. This means that in these conditions, 1kw of electricity consumed by the heat pump will output 13.6kw of heat to your pool !
Extremely Quiet Operation
The Thermotec Inverter range work very silently thanks to a unique internal ventilation system and the inverter technology.
Both the fan and compressor automatically adjust their speed to match the pool heat demand, therefore once the pool is up to temperature, the unit can operate with reduced power consumption and noise.
Colour Touch Screen Controls
The Thermotec Inverter have a unique 7 inch colour backlit touch screen control/display panel
The display will show:-
- The current pool water temperature.
- The mode (e.g. heating or cooling).
- If the timer function has been set.
- If the fan is operating.
- The current time and date.
- The outside ambient temperature
- If there is a fault, a fault code is displayed to explain the problem
In addition, the display can show:-
A graph of the temperature of the pool over time so that you can see how the pool temperature is being maintained by the Thermotec Inverter heat pump. A graph of the power consumed by the heat pump over time. The colour display is backlit making it easy to read in low light conditions and also in bright sunlight.
The optional Wi-Fi module allows the Thermotec Inverter to be monitored and controlled from a smartphone or any internet web browser.
- The Thermotec Inverter App is available for both Android and iPhone.
- The Wi-Fi module simply connects to the heat pump via the supplied cable.
- The module is then joined to your wi-fi network to allow it to communicate with the internet.
- The wifi module also allows remote monitoring and support of your heat pump with the ability to change any settings if required. This greatly enhances the speed and efficiency of our technical support.
- The Thermotec Inverter app can then be installed into your smart phone to give full remote control and monitoring of your pool heat pump.
Using the app you can:-
- Turn the heat pump on and off
- See the current pool water temperature
- Alter the desired pool set temperature
- Set the timer
- View the pool temperature history graph
- Change the mode of the heat pump from heating, cooling and auto modes
- Put the heat pump in and out of silence mode (e.g. for night-time use)
- Show the weather temperatures and information
- Display any error codes and messages
Note: A a wifi signal is required at the location of the heat pump in order for the wifi module to be able to connect to your wifi. Please test the strength of the wifi signal eg with a laptop or your smart phone before purchasing the wifi module.
If you do not have a wifi signal at the heat pump’s location, then you can either:-
- Use a wifi signal extender to boost the signal in the area of the heat pump.
- Use power LAN adaptors plugged into mains sockets in the house and the pool shed. You can then connect a wifi extender to the powerlan adaptor in your pool shed to deliver wifi to the wifi module.
Winter Cover and Mounting Feet Included.
The Thermotec Inverter horizontal range of heat pumps come with:
- 2 x Water connection unions (with 50mm glue socket outlets – 1.5″ adaptor bushes available as an option)
- 1 x Basic Winter cover (heavy duty winter cover available as an option.
- 4 x Rubber mounting feet (heavy duty mounting blocks available as an option
The range of Thermotec Inverter pool heat pumps are now in stock in the UK and can be shipped to any UK address on a 1 – 3 day delivery service.The price includes FREE UK delivery.
We can ship the Thermotec Inverter heat pumps to any country. Please contact us for a shipping quote.
The Thermotec Inverter heat pumps come with a 3-year warranty on all components:-
- UK – First year – parts and labour warranty, Years 2 and 3 – parts only warranty, or return to us in the UK (customer pays transport cost)
- Europe and outside the UK – 3-Year parts only warranty or return to us in the UK (customer pays transport cost). If spare parts are required, they will be sent free of charge to a UK address. If they are to be shipped outside the UK, the customer pays the international shipping cost.
- We recommend that you retain the pallet and packaging that the heat pump was delivered with in case you need to return the unit to us for repairs under the warranty.
The warranty will not apply where the heat pump has been installed incorrectly, or has been damaged by freezing.
We are happy to provide technical support for all Thermotec Inverter swimming pool heat pumps that we supply.
We hold spare parts to support all Thermotec Inverter heat pumps both during and after the warranty period.
For a koi pond that is heated all year round with a winter temperature of around 12c and a summer temperature of around 20-22c, we recommend the following sizing: